One of the things guests love about EPCOT is the various festivals that take place throughout the year. The best part is that they are included in the price of admission to the park. Sometimes these festivals can get mixed up and confusing, so here’s a little look at each throughout the year.
EPCOT International Arts Festival:
- This festival runs from mid-January until the end of February.
- There are not only culinary arts but performing arts and visual arts in this festival.
- There are food specialties on small plates so you can try as many as you like.
- This is also when you can catch the DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert series. You’ll see performances of award-winning DISNEY ON BROADWAY musicals.
- There are live art demonstrations and several Disney artists selling their creations. If you’re looking for a special piece, now might be the perfect time to pick it up. Worried about bringing it home? Don’t, they can ship it to your address.
EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival:
- This festival takes place from the beginning of March to the beginning of July.
- There are delicious sample dishes in outdoor kitchens all over the Showcase world and beyond.
- One of the most unique things about this festival is the topiaries all over EPCOT. These are truly a work of art as you see many of your favorite Disney characters created by Disney horticulturists.
- There are also different gardens all around. They’re fun to explore and where you’ll look if you want to join in exploring Spike’s Pollen Nation.
- There are specialized goods that are created just for this festival. Spike the Bee and Orange Bird are very popular.
- Who doesn’t love live music? The Garden Rocks concert series is something you’ll want to be a part of. World-famous artists will take the stage and perform three short shows per night. Be sure to get in line early as the line fills up quickly depending on who is performing. All concerts are included with your theme park admission. Garden Rocks dining packages are also available.
EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival:
- This festival takes place from mid-July to mid-November.
- Food and wine are at the center of this festival.
- Different countries are represented at the various booths, giving you the opportunity to try dishes from all over the world, but from central Florida.
- There is also live entertainment for this festival. Eat to the Beat Concert Series brings together world-renowned artists. Like the Garden Rock concert series, there will be three half-hour sets for each artist per night and the theater is empty between shows.
EPCOT International Holiday Festival:
- This festival takes place from the end of November to December 30.
- Like all other festivals, there are delicious and unique dishes specific to this festival. There are Holiday Kitchens all over EPCOT where you can try recipes from around the world.
- The Holiday Cookie Stroll is a very popular part of this festival. There are various cookies on stands all around the World Showcase.
- A tradition for many families is the candlelight procession. Each night a different famous narrator tells the biblical story of Christmas. There is a mass choir and orchestra that will sing those classic hymns and Christmas songs.
- There are different storytellers and performers all around World Showcase. They share the holiday traditions of their home country.
Remember that all dates and events are subject to change without notice. Also, since central Florida is very unpredictable in terms of weather, some things can be canceled due to inclement weather at any time.
As a big Disney fan, Tricia loves having Walt Disney World basically in her backyard. When she’s not at the theme parks, she plays drums or with her dog Yoda. She’s been a lifelong Star Wars fan and has ridden Star Tours more than 270 times.