The adoration of Cincinnati chili will be on display at Chile Fest at Findlay Market.
On January 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., festival participants will be able to taste various dishes, drinks or sweets inspired by the spices of more than 20 merchants.
You can also have a beer at Cartridge Brewing and enjoy live music at Race Street Station during the day.
Although the atmosphere is free, a sample of Chile Fest requires a ticket. Buy tickets at the Market Center or at eventbrite.com. Tickets cost $ 10 for five samples or $ 20 for 12.
Here are the vendors and their star dishes:
- BanaSun Smoothie Bar – Wellness Shot
- Bouchard Pasta – Chili & Corn Bread
- Cartridge Brewing Co. – Chili and Cornbread
- Churchill’s Fine Teas – Some Like It Hot Black Tea
- Dat’s Ol ‘School Cookin’ – White Bean & Turkey Chili & Traditional Beef Chili
- Dean’s Mediterranean Imports – Moroccan Chili with Chickpeas
- Deeper Roots – Holy Moly (Mexican Mocha)
- Eckerlin Meats – Texas Beer Bacon Chili
- Em’s Bread – Bread stuffed with bananas and peppers with 5 cheeses
- Gramma Debbie’s Kitchen – Chicken and Vegan Chili
- Greek – Beef Chili
- Herban Vegans – Vegetarian Chili
- Harmony Plant Fare – Cincy Style Grilled Chili Cheese
- Jane’s – Hot Honey Bourbon Toddy
- Makers Bakers Co. – Mango Habanero Cheesecake
- Mama Lo Hizo – Mexican Chili
- Mama Made It – Sweet and Salty Popcorn
- Maverick Chocolate Co. – Fahrenheit Hot Chocolate 513
- Mighty Good – sample coming soon!
- OTR Bagel Bar – Flamin Hot Cheeto Bagel with Smoked Garlic and Carolina Reaper Schmear
- The Arepa Place – Plantain Chips with Salsa Roja
- The Empanadas Box – Cinci-Chili Empanada
- The Rhined – Baked Chili Macs
- Urbana Cafe – Spicy Hot Chocolate
Aprina Johnson kicks off live music in the morning from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., followed by Everything’s Jake at Jane’s (formerly the beer garden) from noon to 3 p.m.
Findlay Market is located at 1801 Race St., Over-the-Rhine. For more information, visit findlaymarket.org.
Sign up for our weekly newsletters to get the latest news, things to do and places to eat straight to your inbox.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.