Application deadline: Thursday, May 12, 2022.
the IBF invites applications from UK film producers to participate in the UK delegation to the Munich Film Festival (Filmfest München), which will take place from June 23 to July 2, 2022.
the IBFin collaboration with the Bavarian Film Fund and the Munich Film Festival, has put together a two-day program consisting of:
- plenary sessions informing participating producers of the UK and Germany on the conditions and infrastructure for co-productions in each country
- case studies of successful co-productions
- a creative masterclass on writing beyond borders
- a networking excursion to the recently opened world-class facilities in Bavaria, Penzing Studios, organized by the Bayern Film Commission for both UK and German producers
The Munich Film Festival is the second largest gathering of the German film industry after the Berlin Film Festival, and a great place to meet producers from all over Germany, including at the famous networking event, the Beer garden convention. the UK participants will also receive accreditation and have the opportunity to see the films of the festival program.
The goal is to increase the UK presence on international markets, and more particularly to support producers in the development of their international/European networks and to advance their co-production projects.
the IBF will support a delegation of up to 16 producers to attend this program. There will also be limited spots available for crews where producers can be accompanied by their creative team (a writer or a director).
the IBF will provide return economy class airfare to Munich, airport transfers, festival accreditation and three nights of accommodation.
Selected delegates must attend all aspects of the program.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest and/or experience working internationally, and explain why participating in this delegation will advance their specific projects.
Candidates must either be able to demonstrate:
- a credited producer or co-producer for at least one feature film released in the past four years
- or success internationally, or a strong interest in working internationally and ideally having viable co-production projects
Producers will be selected on the basis of their previous experience, their specific interest and their motivation to develop internationally and to extend their international networks.
Priority will be given to producers whose films are on the program of the Munich Film Festival and/or who have a proven track record and are interested in co-productions with Germany.
Visit the Filmfest München website to find out more.
Please read the guidelines for more details on program content.
Please complete and submit an application to participate at UK Delegation to the 2022 Munich Film Festival before 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 12, 2022.
Applications or questions regarding the application should be submitted by email to [email protected]
Dates of delegation: June 28 to July 1, 2022.
The festival will take place from June 23 to July 2, 2022.