Of April 25 to 30, 2023the Stuttgart International Animation Film Festival (ITFS) will celebrate its 30e anniversary. The festival focuses on artistic animation cinema as well as innovative interactive and transmedia works. Comprehensive film and competition programs as well as curated support programs guarantee exciting and extraordinary inspirations and ideas. For six days, the ITFS invites you to Stuttgart to discover the richness and productivity of animated film and meet its actors to discuss and network. In 2023, the ITFS, one of the most important events in the world for animation, will continue to take place in cinemas and on Schlossplatz in Stuttgart, as well as in virtual space.
Animation films completed after October 1, 2021 can now be entered into the festival’s main competitions:
- International competition – International competition for animated short films
- Young Animation – International student film competition for animated shorts
- tips for kids – International competition for short films and animated series for children
- Shooting star Nature Award – Competition for animated short films dealing with the themes of climate protection, biodiversity, environment and sustainability
The deadline for submission is December 1, 2022.
- AniMovie – International Animated Feature Film Competition
The submission deadline for AniMovie is January 16, 2023.
The application form and the film upload or documentation material must be received by Film- und Medienfestival gGmbH before the closing date.
Entry forms and rules are available at www.ITFS.de/en
Please use the online submission platform www.shortfilmdepot.com for the submission of the film.
There, the online entry form is available for the submitters and they can upload their film. An account is required to register. Participation in ITFS competitions is free, but the submission platform charges a small fee for its service, depending on the number of anime films submitted.
All additional information and contact details are available at https://www.itfs.de/en/professionals/call-for-entries/
More information about the ITFS 2023 and all competition categories can be found on the website www.ITFS.de/en and will be updated continuously.
Call for applications at a later date:
- German Animation Screenplay Award – Prize for the best German or English language screenplay for a German animated feature film production (call for applications November 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
- Shooting star Enterprise Award – Award for the best innovative and future-oriented business model in the animation sector (call for applications December 2022 / deadline March 1, 2023)
- Germany Animation Games Awards – Prize for the best and most innovative computer game based on animation from Germany (call for applications December 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
- Crazy Horse session – 48H Animation Jam – Prize for the best animated short film created in 48 hours. International teams take on the challenge of creating an animated short around the festival mascot Trixi in 48 hours in a live online animation competition. (Call for applications January 2023 / Deadline March 1, 2023)